Thursday 25 October 2007

Scruffs update

Ever since I introduced you to Scruffs the cat I have received a number of emails requesting more information about him. You are obviously cat-lovers.

I myself was never a cat lover. People who know me believe I hate them in fact but that isn't true - I just never had the time for them...I was always more of a dog person, having owned many since childhood. There's an element of control with a dog but I never knew until now how relaxing a cat could be. Scruffs de-stresses me I think, so here are some things you should know about him.


* He is allergic to fish

* He loathes milk but loves custard

* He also loves Special K - it drives him crazy

* He has climbed the tree in my garden several times, forcing me to clamber up after him when he gets stuck. He climbs ever high in an attempt to get down (he hasn't yet figured up and down) and I end up bruised and battered after rescuing him. He doesn't get out without supervision now.

* He purrs a LOT and very loudly

* He runs fast and jumps high

* He wakes me up, even after nights, by jumping on my chest and pawing my face - he likes to stick his sharp claws in my chin dimple - that hurts

* He 'buries' the imitation coal from the fireplace under a rug and sometimes goes in after it

* He has never, ever soiled the house - he only uses his cat box and will do so immediately after it has been cleaned - cheeky git!

* He won't go near strangers and is only used to me and mine.

* He is an avid tennis and snooker fan and will sit in front of the telly for hours watching those sports

* He is extremely affectionate

* He thinks he is invisible 'cos he crouches down in corners waiting to pounce at my feet when I pass. I usually see him a mile off but it's fun to wind him up

* I tell him off and he ignores me...most of the time

* He is nearly due for a visit to the vet for the snip. I won't be going with him. I can't bear the thought of it

* He has almost worked out how to use a door handle

* I think he jumped up onto the cooker and bumped the switch, leaving the gas on while the house was empty for a day

* He will only drink water from a glass. He has his own tumbler. He has never used a drinks bowl

* His expensive bed, with his name on it, lies redundant in the kitchen - he doesn't like it. Cost me forty quid!

* He crawls into any box or bag that's in his way

* He loves getting his photo taken

* Running water fascinates him and he will gladly climb into the sink. We keep all the toilet seats down

* He never leaves me when I'm working at the computer and will sit across the keyboard as I work

* He is mad


Xf

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! He sounds adorable, I can tell you're quite taken by him.

~ C

Anonymous said...

All cats are mad. It's a well known fact.
In response to being woken up though, I was sent this cartoon earlier...
http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=614

Minty said...

Awwww.
Course you only have yourself to blame for being woken up by the cat! You should wake up specially so his food is ready and fresh when he wants it.
My cat has been trying to teach me this for years!

ps Never buy a cat it's own specail bed- they allways prefer to sleep somewhere where you don't want them to drop hair!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww bless, he looks and sounds lovely, i like cats they need less attention than dogs, I always find it amazing how guys say "i dont like cats" but once they have been around one for awhile they soon change there minds lol.
Loving the Journal still, well done its always interesting
Regards
Lynn
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm not that much of a cat person, I don't really hate them, just, like you, I've been bought up with dogs and haven't really had the chance to 'get to know' cats, so to speak. Reading your entry though made me 'awwww' your cat sounds like a real sweety and is quirky. Raised a smile to my face, thank you! =)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie, and asp I loved the cartoon.
Take care Gill

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Scruffs!

I hope he gets mentioned in your boook :)

Anonymous said...

My neighbour's cat Max used to run across the road, through the back door, get chucked out by my mum, wait for 5 minutes, run back in through the door, and wait on my bed for me to come home from school. He then got run over and lost his eye and looked even more gorgeous than before.

He then got run over again and died. Stupid cat! ;-) But yeah, they do always do what they're not supposed to. It's all part of their charm.

Dark Side said...

Aww Scruffs sounds lovely, cats have such amazing personalities, I know mine does....she is a right stroppy cow at times but so funny with it....bit like her mum some would say..lol..x