Thursday 12 April 2007

Happy birthday TPD

It has been exactly a year since I put finger to keyboard to start writing this weblog. Since then, I have written more than a hundred postings and received hundreds of comments, good and bad, about my views. Most of the time it has been a pleasure writing because I love to write and haven't had the time or inclination to do so for years; this online diary gave me the opportunity to get started.

Some of the time I agonised over whether it had been worth the aggravation I received at work. I was as close as I could possibly be to quitting the diary this year and there were days when I simply did not want to go to work because this blog was creating a division between me and a few of my colleagues - men and women who never identified themselves to me and still haven't. I lost sleep and became quite depressed. It affected my home life and impacted on others in my life quite profoundly for a short time.

Now I don't care about the few who simply don't like this idea or the way it is written, thousands of readers have had their say and have been positive about it, including many colleagues.

When I started writing, I had no idea that there were other ambulance-related blogs out there; I barely understood the idea behind blogging but I had wanted to record my professional life for years and this is where the diary comes from. It was always my intention to write a book about the job and since I had been recording my experiences in a reflective diary anyway, it made logical sense to translate that into a blog.

So, on with YEAR 2 and hopefully, plenty of things to see, try, do and say. Thanks for sticking with me for the past year.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been reading your blog for ages now, and pleased you decided to continue! happy birthday TPD!

Anonymous said...

Never mind about them, I like reading about your work, so please continue as to lose this blog would be a loss to me and all the others who read it. Don't fret just carry on.

Dark Side said...

I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoy your blog and I am very pleased that you have decided to ignore the people who have caused problems.

I often think it's them that has the problem not you, you are always very informative and I totally admire anything and everything your profession does.

Keep up the good work!! xx

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday! I'm really glad you decided to keep going with the blog - it makes fascinating reading and I really don't see why anyone would take the huff at it.

caramaena said...

happy blogiversary. I'm also very pleased you decided to ignore those 'people'.

I read your blog all the time :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for a great year, here's to many more

Anonymous said...

happy blogday, please dont stop...

Anonymous said...

Many happy returns, so glad you continued. You have no idea how much you reduce my stress levels.
Take care. Gill

Anonymous said...

Happy Brithday,
I love love your blog, please keep posting, and keep safe!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Xf!
Your writing has shot your site up to my personal favourites.
You're a role model for the ambulace service.

Anonymous said...

congratulationn!! here's to another fantastic year!!

Dan

Anonymous said...

Not been reading for long but now I've started I wont stop. Thanks for writing and for taking the time to respond to my comments.

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Hi xf Happy 1st bday, keep on bloggin, just the way you have done for the last year, you can see the love that you have got for your career, even on challenging days you can shine thru!
All the best for year 2!

Lv bobbijo x

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday, will have a glass or two of wine tonight on your behalf!

Keep up the good work and be safe!

H

Xf said...

Thanks for all the comments - much appreciated. I would've shared the birthday cake with you all but it was a chocolate one and there's no way I am sharing chocolate!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Just latched on to this puppy.
I was looking for other stuff (just started as a CFR)

I think your blog is ace, well written and provides an excellent insight into the work you do and the things you see.

Dont mind them lifes full of haters like that unfortunately.

All the best.