Tuesday 31 July 2007

Oi!

I was late posting the latest from my run of earlies because of this...


A young female driver piled into the back of me as I waited for the car in front of me to pull in and park. All I saw was a blur in my rear-view mirror, her face (closeup) and then there was an almighty bang. My car was thrown forward but I managed to stop it hitting anything else. She had been travelling at speed but hadn't seen that I was stationary - or she was distracted (she had a friend in the car with her).


Her car was much worse off, the entire front of it was demolished but that probably saved her life, she should have been thrown through her windscreen and into the back seat of mine, such was the force.


I have lots of experience with the aftermath of accidents like this but virtually no experience of being in one, so it was quite a shock. Of course, I made sure nobody was hurt and luckily, nobody was.


The irony is that the young lady is insured by one of the most annoying statistically-skewed (and possibly sexist) companies around...Sheila's Wheels!


I can't get the stupid song out of my head now...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, neither can I =) But in all seriousness I'm glad you are ok and no one else was hurt. Sounds like it was a scary experience to be in.

I came across your blog yesterday evening and I like it a lot and will be one of your many constant readers. I would love to join the paramedic service in the future and reading your blog gives a great insight. Thanks for the work you put into the blog and of course, into your career. Best of luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

I reckon you should sell your Primera and get a Citroen C2. They're (very!) small but when mine got shunted quite hard there was very little damage!

Please note, I said C2, NOT C3. With a C2 you'll look like you're trying hard to look young, with a C3 you'll look like an elderly woman driver. :P

Xf said...

petrolhead

Whose side are you on?

Anyway, I still look young for my age...don't need a car to do that

AND...you are a woman so I bet you put the first vote on for them...didn'tcha?

Anonymous said...

Hiya :)

Well at least she's insured...

I'm glad you're okay :)

~ C

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Glad all OK, dedadedadedadadaa - and I hate pink!
Take care. Gill (Almera driver)

Sian said...

Glad you are ok after your bump!

Have just been catching up after a week on holidays and you sound like you have been very busy!